Tuesday 5 May 2015

Believe

So, it has been a while since my first (and only) post. But I'm back!

What can I say, I have been through the mill a bit. Over the past year I have been diagnosed with Type II Bipolar and struggled with managing the symptoms. There have been times when I have though 'I can't go on' and times when I have wanted to just eat junk and hide away. I was placed on numerous medications and battled my addiction to self medicating using alcohol and drugs. However, the one thing I have tried to remain constant is the belief that a healthy plant based diet can cure this illness. I am not perfect and I have eaten cheese and chocolate on occasion, but I have persevered and I am happy to say that I am now 100% medication free and I am managing the symptoms of Bipolar II naturally. I am now feeling strong and ready to share my journey with you. I will remain under a pen name but all posts will be 100% honest and just hope that this blog may inspire others who are feeling low, living with mental health challenges, or just simply want to feel more healthy, to make a change.




No comments:

Post a Comment